Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
realjwin

Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question? Empty
PostSubject: Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question?   Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:11 am

Okay so my family got lucky enough to get invited to an event at the White House!!! Anyways we will be driving out there in a few weeks and my mom is concerned about the roads, so I suggested getting a winter tire/wheel set. Of course I went straight to CL and found these:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/pts/2113582383.html

2 things with them:
-like blizzaks at about ~50% tire wear it is just an all-season tire
-my mom is concerned about 1. having a non stock size tire on the car (215/60/R16 vs 205/50/R17) also she is concerned that the wheels won't fit on our Mazda5. With a Mercedes and the wheel bolts actually being bolts and not lug nuts I know it is important to make sure to have custom bolts that properly fit a different wheel. My question is, does a car with lug nuts have this issue?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pts/2131729412.html

These are not only the right size, but they also are performance tires which means they will do better on the highway.

Anyways, an answer to my one question would be super helpful as well as this question: How do you go about getting custom bolts for a car like my Merc?

Also feel free to input on what you think about getting winters and any advice in getting them.
Back to top Go down
acedeuce802

acedeuce802

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question?   Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 am

The tire size should be fine, they are about an inch smaller in diameter, so you will not have fitment issues, and the spedometer is only 4% different. When your spedo says 60, you are going 57.5.

Are these the same bolt pattern as either your car, or the 5? If neither car is 114mm bolt pattern, don't bother looking, you can't make them fit without crazy thick spacers...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=169566.0
realjwin

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question?   Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 12:25 am

I mean they are 114.3...I assume they are the same, am I correct in saying that 114 and 114.3 are the same and some people just shorten it? And given the tires are 215 they are probably 7.5' so width is not an issue. The stock are actually the smaller ones so its 60 and 62.5 (miata tire calc ftw!) The main question is do I need custom lugs or can I just use the regular lugs for a car with lug nuts not wheel bolts?
Back to top Go down
CreepinE30

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question?   Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:24 pm

The hub size on the mustang wheels would be my main concern. Since wheels use the hub as a mounting surface ( hubcentric) it is very importAnt to run spacers. U can find rim width and offset onsteel wheels just like alloys u just need to look harder. the stock 17s on a Mazda5 are pretty high' in the et45 to et50. The stock rim is a 17x6.5. Your mom may just be hella flush lol!

Sorry about the essay and u can measure hub bore with a ruler. They are in millimeters. This could be found on like a mustang forum or something. Just google Mazda5 Hub bore and mustang hub bore and see what u find. Running no rings is asking for a broken stud on any car!
Back to top Go down
CreepinE30

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question?   Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:30 pm

Your stock lugs will work just fine. If you are concerned you can buy a buldge seat acorn lug in 12x1.5 thread. That is the mazdas thread pitch onthe stud.
Back to top Go down
Undertaker4

Undertaker4

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question?   Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:22 pm

so how many of you with Snow Tires are outside enjoying this fresh blanket of snow?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Undertaker4
acedeuce802

acedeuce802

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question?   Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:26 pm

I had some fun.. but wrong thread. fail
Back to top Go down
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=169566.0
Undertaker4

Undertaker4

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question?   Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:30 pm

haha oops Nick delete these two posts
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Undertaker4
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question?   Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question? Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter Tires/Wheels from CL. Question?
Page 1 of 1