Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help diagnosing vibration

Go down 
+2
Wallace
halo0
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
halo0

halo0

Help diagnosing vibration - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help diagnosing vibration   Help diagnosing vibration - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Took it back in today and Chris checked it out personally. He balanced all the wheels on the road force balancer. Turns out he found 3 problems. The biggest one being one of the tires has belts separated inside it. That is likely the cause of the biggest thumping type vibration that you can feel more at high speeds. Second, all the tires are feathered pretty badly. This is what's causing the other vibes that you can feel even at low speed. Not sure if it's just because the tires wear poorly, or because of how my alignment was out before or what. Third, I have 2 bent rims. They are minor though, and on the inside lip and shouldn't cause any balance issues. (thanks MI roads.)

So the defective tire gets replaced for free, the other 3 I'm getting credit for the tread left on them and I'm getting a new full set of Continental DWS's. Tires might be here Friday, but if not they will be Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
dogbreath

dogbreath

PostSubject: Re: Help diagnosing vibration   Help diagnosing vibration - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm

halo0 wrote:
The biggest one being one of the tires has belts separated inside it.

Score one for mechanic's guessing tactics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/daugbret
acedeuce802

acedeuce802

PostSubject: Re: Help diagnosing vibration   Help diagnosing vibration - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:43 pm

Glad you got that figured out. Why are you going with all seasons? Why not the DW's?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=169566.0
halo0

halo0

PostSubject: Re: Help diagnosing vibration   Help diagnosing vibration - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 pm

DW's don't come in 19". The DSW are still a performance oriented tire with good handling and they get great reviews from drivers of BMW's, Merc's etc. They also have an actual tread life warranty whereas the Falkens had none. Should be better in the wet too. There is no tire in my size on DT's site that has better reviews so I'm hoping they're good. I might go get my alignment checked again and talk to Josh's boyyy about the settings and the wear I was seeing.
Back to top Go down
CreepinE30

PostSubject: Re: Help diagnosing vibration   Help diagnosing vibration - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Are they conti Extreme contact DWS's? Those are not bad for the price at all. Especially with your size being and issue.

EDIT: DAMN YOU AUTOCORRECT
Back to top Go down
halo0

halo0

PostSubject: Re: Help diagnosing vibration   Help diagnosing vibration - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:14 pm

yeah they list at $182 a tire and the next ones after that get a lot more expensive quickly.
Back to top Go down
CreepinE30

PostSubject: Re: Help diagnosing vibration   Help diagnosing vibration - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Oh yeah they do!
Back to top Go down
halo0

halo0

PostSubject: Re: Help diagnosing vibration   Help diagnosing vibration - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:12 pm

dogbreath wrote:
halo0 wrote:
The biggest one being one of the tires has belts separated inside it.

Score one for mechanic's guessing tactics Very Happy

Help diagnosing vibration - Page 3 High_five
Back to top Go down
halo0

halo0

PostSubject: Re: Help diagnosing vibration   Help diagnosing vibration - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Josh this vidja is partially for you since the really annoying vibes didn't happen when I took you and Erin for a ride. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFPyNYKhgJ4

I shot that last night on a perfectly smooth piece of road.

If you're really bored I took this one on the freeway. You can totally hear the tire with the separated belts making a sort of pulsating vibration/noise.

https://youtu.be/dBFYhNhxCV8?t=16s

Anyway, the Continentals went on at lunchtime and the difference is night and day. No more vibes!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help diagnosing vibration   Help diagnosing vibration - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Help diagnosing vibration
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: OOC Hang Out :: Tech and Performance-
Jump to: