Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter

Go down 
+3
Wallace
xcoldricex
halo0
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
halo0

halo0

OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter Empty
PostSubject: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 3:26 am

I've been reading a bit lately about these bluetooth transmitters that you can pair with an Android phone and use apps to basically have a dashhawk type interface on, so I went ahead and ordered this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MQ89X4/ref=oss_product

Will post up my impressions once I get it and have a chance to play with it.
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:23 am

we don't tolerate technologic advancements here.
Back to top Go down
Wallace
Admin
Wallace

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:20 am

Wait so it turns your phone into a vagggcom? That sweeet!
Back to top Go down
https://obdoneclub.forummotion.com
Undertaker4

Undertaker4

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Wallace wrote:
Wait so it turns your phone into a vagggcom? That sweeet!
!!!!!! if i can use my phone as a vag-com this will come in handy, ill be watching this thread
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Undertaker4
xcoldricex

xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 pm

goddamn you kids and your fancy phones
Back to top Go down
CreepinE30

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Damn u yuppies and your obd II! Im going to use morse code to read my trouble codes!
Back to top Go down
halo0

halo0

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:12 pm

From what Chris told me about vag com this isn't going to replace it. It's more like a dash hawk on steroids.
Back to top Go down
CreepinE30

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:40 pm

One of my teacher Buddies at wcc had something similar with his iPhone and wifi. It's cool! Read fuel trims and everything. I am trying to get Erin to get it for here new iPhone 4.
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:56 pm

wtf! that's pretty awesome. android only? :\ i don't want to let go of my SERO plan!!!!
Back to top Go down
halo0

halo0

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:22 am

Laughing

You're still on SERO? It hurt but I had to give mine up when the original Droid came out. Onward and upward!
Back to top Go down
CreepinE30

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:20 am

I know the iPhone/itouch uses wifi obd2 connector and as Phil stated the android uses Bluetooth do sure if you can switch um.
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:26 am

yep can't give up this cheap ass plan! so i'm on a lowly WM touch pro 2. Sad
Back to top Go down
dogbreath

dogbreath

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:41 pm

OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter 00000119062-ATTE212624GHzCordlessPhone-large

I like to rock the classics.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/daugbret
xcoldricex

xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:57 pm

pshh no tape recorder.
Back to top Go down
Wallace
Admin
Wallace

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:00 pm

dogbreath wrote:
OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter 00000119062-ATTE212624GHzCordlessPhone-large

I like to rock the classics.
I wanna talk to Charlie Johnson
Back to top Go down
https://obdoneclub.forummotion.com
CreepinE30

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Lol!
Back to top Go down
halo0

halo0

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:26 pm

This thing is tight, yo.

(geeky side note, I'm user number 1337 on the torque site Razz)
1807 Posts in 317 Topics Made by 1337 Members. Latest Member: halo0

I ran a data log on the way home and it saved off a google earth data file which I downloaded to my computer and I can see data logs in 1 second intervals for my whole trip. I can even tell when I switched lanes on the freeway. Laughing

I've barely scratched the surface though. Gonna spend some time learnin' stuffs on http://torque-bhp.com.

Back to top Go down
halo0

halo0

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:18 pm

I just put in the mini-cd that came with it and found a file entitled "software instruction.txt". Within it is the following epic text.

"we suggest that you can use "scantool_net113win",if you think that this software isn't easy to use, you can free to choose following software:EasyOBDII,OBD2Spy,ScanMaster-ELM.But them require lisence."
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:38 pm

quality goods right thuur!
Back to top Go down
Undertaker4

Undertaker4

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:35 pm

make of video, of the different thinks you can do with this scanner, so the rest of us have an idea of how cool this must be
Back to top Go down
halo0

halo0

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:39 pm

The only video camera I have is my phone. So without a complex system of mirrors that isn't going to happen. Laughing

(Psst, check youtube)
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:15 pm

1 second intervals? are you logging a shit ton of things? can there be more resolution? doesn't seem useful from a tuning standpoint.
Back to top Go down
halo0

halo0

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:30 pm

That is the interval at which it writes things to the data log file. It's selectable down to 0.1 seconds or up to 5 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Undertaker4

Undertaker4

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:52 pm

i looked at some videos, this tool doesnt seem to be very useful for a Vag-Com, it only looks like a bunch of different gauges to see, engine speed and pounds of boost, that the car is running
Back to top Go down
halo0

halo0

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:05 pm

halo0 wrote:
From what Chris told me about vag com this isn't going to replace it. It's more like a dash hawk on steroids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter   OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter Empty

Back to top Go down

OBDII (SORRY!!!) bluetooth transmitter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: OOC Hang Out :: Tech and Performance-
Jump to: