HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

'84 capri LS1

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:57 pm

pulled motor and trans today. so justin's cherry picker is missing a pin for one of the legs... the whole thing fell over at one point, luckily the motor/trans was fine AND it managed to miss the car entirely. just a small scuff on the front bumper so i was lucky lucky, i must've been absent minded and didn't notice that there was no pin. i quickly put in a bolt i had lying around after that.... sold trans and k-member... don't mind all the trans oil everywhere haha.

new k-member finally came in - so much nicer than the old one! no wonder people say to avoid the aje k-member for anything other than drag racing. this one is much sturdier and braced nicely. i will need to get custom mounts made - i think i'm sending it off to TRF for this and some other welding work.

turbocoupe pedal assembly, mc/slave (just need the mc arm to weld to the tilton mc), tilton mc. the tc pedal assembly is being used because it's the only fox chassis car with a hydraulic clutch - and it bolts right in with no modification. of course, the master cylinder setup will be a bit of custom work though. i was lucky to find all these parts for $80, i read that some people pay $270 for the pedal assembly alone!

before i left, i sold all the parts i gathered for a rear end - i picked up the rear end out of someone else's build for cheaper - i don't have to build it (although i would've liked to have learned) and i am saving money by not having to buy a gear installation kit, gears, etc. i am going to drive out to buffalo to pick it up next week and i can put the rear end and front in so TRF can pick it up.
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:05 pm

oh yeah fuck HF dollies. they say they hold 1000 lbs., plastic doesn't shatter/splinter... mine shattered immediately when i lowered the motor/trans on it. the small wooden one that also is supposed to hold 1000lbs broke too. Mad
Back to top Go down
Race

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:15 pm

looks good. doin work haha, need to get that T56 in NOW Razz
Back to top Go down
Wallace
Admin

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:23 am

I usually stick a screwdriver in the puller at the last second, I can never remember it's missing a pin. Good work though, I'm excited to see it running!

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:47 pm

haha, so it's been missing a pin for awhile then haha... should've noticed!
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:58 pm

got a little work done. k-member and front suspension mostly in, rear end mostly in but i have to start installing the panhard bar which will require lots of ocd measuring and drilling - if anyone likes that stuff and wants to give me a hand - let me know!

might get the rest of the front stuff on and slap wheels on it and put it down just to see what it looks like - still have a lot of stuff to do before i can send it off to trf. i want to paint the rear end and stuff - but i'll do that after most of it is together if i still have motivation to do it.

i picked up some more stuff from innovative tuning (you subaru kids might know this shop in buffalo, ny) off their mustang.

custom breather box

custom baffled aluminum fuel cell and custom aluminum surge tank

i also got aluminum door skins, lexan, a custom rear diffuser, a hatch with lexan, and some other bits they were just getting out of the garage. not sure what i'll end up using - but i'll probably do the fuel cell after i get bosch pump and a filter.
Back to top Go down
Undertaker4

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Derrick, you never responded to my post about needing a hoist to replace the Fuel injector seals, on the speed 3
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Undertaker4
xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:34 pm

yeah that'd be great - but i think it'll take more than 2 hrs? would that be ok?

Last edited by xcoldricex on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Race

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Lookin good man. I'm getting the illness for some wrenching needs but honestly I probably wont be back in town til I move back. Brokesauce and left my miata in the polebarn. hopefully there is still stuff to be done then! Razz
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:55 pm

get a job and get your ass down here. there's plenty left to be done.
Back to top Go down
Race

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:37 pm

I cant really get a job til I move home lol. I'm literally back in early may. like 5-6 weeks from now
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:15 pm

yeah but i'm working during may asshole Razz. brake booster, old pedal box, and steering column are out, what a pita. hopefully i can get the new one in without having to massage the strut tower too much.

need to cut the subframe connectors, install the rear upper shock mounts and the shocks, hopefully i can hook up the brake lines and such, install part of the panhard bar... and i think i'll be able to send it off to trf at that point.
Back to top Go down
Wallace
Admin

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:26 am

Have you talked to Ryan yet?

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nFUqGOW52A&feature=related

not the best vid but something to get you antsy
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:21 pm

well i took a few days off because i was tired of wearing goggles and cutting. but today the SUBFRAME CONNECTORS ARE OFF. took me many hours of laborious cutting. good lord.

also pulled the dash, heater core/heater box/ducts (yay weight savings!) late last night.

found a stack st8100 cluster! it was a 0-13k since it was for some forumla car or whatever, i found out you can send them to autometer/stack to get them changed, so i'm getting it changed to 0-3k-8k. got it with the harness, some sensors, and an old laptop (software needs old windows). even after the paying for the conversion, it'll be cheaper than any used stack cluster i've come across. also cheaper than buying a bunch of separate autometer gauges. hope it's not too complicated to wire up.

pics soon.
Back to top Go down
tischler

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:22 am

so jealous of the cluster!

I can help out with wiring! I haven't wired a whole car or anything!
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:21 am

tischler wrote:
so jealous of the cluster!

I can help out with wiring! I haven't wired a whole car or anything!

so do you think it'd be better to run new wire for all the accessories like headlights/horn/turn signals/ignition etc. or spend the time cutting off unnecessary stuff from the existing wiring harness?

the ls1 wiring harness is mostly standalone - but i think it just plugs into the factory fox body harness for all the above stuff. the wiring harness behind the dash is easily 10-15lbs... and i'd like to clean it all up anyway.

Back to top Go down
Race

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:52 am

I'd probably cut old stuff off. pretty dope that you got that cluster. you gonna do a custom dash now?
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:57 am

i'm think it'll probably be as time consuming as running new wire though :\

i'll use the original dash hull and dash pad probably. the dash assembly is only probably like 4lbs with all the shit off of it. so i think it'd be nice to retain a factory look without a bunch of weight. i'll either cut an aluminum plate to overlay on the original cluster piece and 3m dinoc it or something or lay some fiberglass down and fill in all the holes of the original dash face. i think the first method would be much quicker and easier though.
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:57 pm

big brake booster in

custom f-body mgw shifter with mustang handle and composite race knob (i got this done so i could clock the shifter handle as far forward as possible - based on all the swap threads i've read, the t56 gets pushed far back and is probably a bad shifter position for most.. so hopefully this will solve the problem by putting it 3" forward)

heater box/core and ducting i pulled out

holes i have to fill up now Razz

and my dash threw up
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:38 pm

aw ass. sold my driveshaft for pretty cheap since i just wanted it gone.

turns out it was chromoly - should've kept it and had it modified.
Back to top Go down
Wallace
Admin

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Live and learn, do you need a custom sized one for the manual tranny?

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:54 pm

yep, could've just had it shortened though for cheaper i think
Back to top Go down
Race

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:42 pm

zomg this thing is nuts. Way more insane now and that shifter is sweet!
Back to top Go down
xcoldricex

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:44 pm

i picked up new rims..... but i think i'm selling them because i found gt500 brembo 14" rotor take offs (that don't fit with 17" wheels)

17x9 bbs rx's +26
falken rt615 275/40 with less than 700 miles
and another bbs spare with a dead RA1 tire!

i see 18x10's in the future... will have to do some fender modding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '84 capri LS1   

Back to top Go down

'84 capri LS1
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: OOC Hang Out :: Project Zone-
Jump to: