Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Car Handling

Go down 
+4
xcoldricex
Wallace
dogbreath
Undertaker4
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
halo0

halo0

Car Handling - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:25 am

JAP_Monster wrote:
halo0 wrote:
xcoldricex wrote:
hard parker sell outs.

Man it's like I can't decide whether to prk hArd or to drive! Is there some middle ground somewhere that might let me accomplish both?!?! We may never know.

I went through the same thing. I just asked myself what I was going to use more. Have my car setup where I can drive it hard for maybe 10 minutes a week, or have it sitting really nice and low, so that everyday I drive/look at it, I enjoy it. You can definitely have a in-between also, It just takes time to get everything just right.

My response was kind of tongue-in-cheek.

Personally I have my suspension set up for performance first, looks second. i.e. it's at the point where to improve the look any more it would hinder performance a lot, especially on our fucked up roads. I think the springs + Koni's I have now perform great, though I'm still trying to figure out the best rebound/compression settings on the Koni's.
Back to top Go down
CreepinE30

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:25 am

I am going for the "in between". Def takes alot more to decide on wheels and suspension set up. Def have to like it to want to drive it.
Back to top Go down
dogbreath

dogbreath

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:35 am

I'm full-on hard driver mode. I barely even care what car I'm driving. If my good handling cars are down then I'll drive the Impala or the pick-up truck or a fucking lawnmower.

Driving is my sport and sport is my lifestyle. If it wasn't a car it'd be a baseball bat or a golf club or a skateboard. I genuinely enjoy driving terribly handling cars because wrangling a shitty car helps your skills.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/daugbret
halo0

halo0

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:40 am

My grandpa's lawnmower understeers like a mofo. Rear wheel drive too!
Back to top Go down
dogbreath

dogbreath

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:41 am

When I had 10 acres in BFE I used a 38HP v-twin lawn tractor. Mad sideways, even with the blades engaged.
Back to top Go down
Wallace
Admin
Wallace

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:47 am

Finding something in between is what I'm going for as well. I have to get in and drive my car everyday, yet because I really enjoy driving I need to have modifications that make the car more enjoyable for me. I think there is a fairly large middle ground, the real thing for me is just getting out, driving and enjoying driving my way and making sure it never gets old for me. If I can't do that than driving a car that is modified or buying a car to modify for performance is pointless.
Back to top Go down
https://obdoneclub.forummotion.com
Undertaker4

Undertaker4

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:55 am

i feel the same way, im not a mad performance person, i dont need a giant snail to be putting out 500hp, but i also dont want a underpowered motor, this is why i like 6 cylinders, i keeps me at a nice and stable power output, so that not much work is needed to make it a great car, unlike in 4 cylinders there is a lot more work required to get it to that 6 cyl level, but once you get to the 6 cyl level why would you stop? look at people with Evo's and STI's they had pretty good power stock, but they keep improving the power output for what? why does your car need to be making 350 hp for daily commuting, why increase the amount of fuel that goes into the engine if 90% of the time you are driving normally?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Undertaker4
dogbreath

dogbreath

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:00 am

Every time I feel like modding my car I spend the money on GAS and TIRES.
Back to top Go down
Undertaker4

Undertaker4

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:04 am

haha, Corey are you going to be driving on the Pirelli tires all summer?
Back to top Go down
JAP_Monster

JAP_Monster

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:12 am

Undertaker4 wrote:
i feel the same way, im not a mad performance person, i dont need a giant snail to be putting out 500hp, but i also dont want a underpowered motor, this is why i like 6 cylinders, i keeps me at a nice and stable power output, so that not much work is needed to make it a great car, unlike in 4 cylinders there is a lot more work required to get it to that 6 cyl level, but once you get to the 6 cyl level why would you stop? look at people with Evo's and STI's they had pretty good power stock, but they keep improving the power output for what? why does your car need to be making 350 hp for daily commuting, why increase the amount of fuel that goes into the engine if 90% of the time you are driving normally?

It's fun being pushed back in your seat, and when you're at 400+ whp, you know that 99% of the people on the street cant come close to you. I'm sure its a great feeling.
Back to top Go down
Undertaker4

Undertaker4

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:14 am

its also a highly unsafe feeling being the other drivers on the road, it makes you think does that guy know how to handle the hp?
Back to top Go down
Wallace
Admin
Wallace

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:21 am

JAP_Monster wrote:
Undertaker4 wrote:

It's fun being pushed back in your seat, and when you're at 400+ whp, you know that 99% of the people on the street cant come close to you. I'm sure its a great feeling.
Power, Reliability, Affordability, choose two. Just like you don't see the point in spending a bunch of money on suspension mods because it's going to be used mostly on the street, Dani doesn't see the point in making absurd power with a car that's going to be used mostly on the street. Makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
https://obdoneclub.forummotion.com
dogbreath

dogbreath

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:26 am

Undertaker4 wrote:
haha, Corey are you going to be driving on the Pirelli tires all summer?

I'll hopefully be getting a clutch for my Celica soon and will be driving that for the summer.
Back to top Go down
CreepinE30

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:03 am

Undertaker4 wrote:

You can't mod a car if all you think about is fuel economy?!?!? If all u care about is fuel economy get a damn TDI golf and make it hella flush. My opinion is if your worried about gas your not out driving and getting your skills as a driver up. Whether on the street or at the track.

Anyone buying an sti or eve is prob not thinking about fuel economy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car Handling   Car Handling - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Car Handling
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: OOC Hang Out :: Track Talk-
Jump to: